Setting a Sign at KL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Setting a Sign at KL

Post  ThomasPreyer on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:49 am

We should think about setting a sign at the PT in KL.

A form of protest that shows Wizards that we donīt appreciate the way they treat us.
Something like a minute of silence.

That was just popping in to my mind.

Maybe someone can form a more clear idea of this.

ThomasPreyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Setting a Sign at KL

Post  Drizzs on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:25 am

-Edit - Nothing Negative

Last edited by on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drizzs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZackH on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:45 am

I don't think something actively negative will get our point across. This organization is to work WITH wizards, not to act like children. Strikes are a last resort for unions, not an everyday occurrence.

ZackH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamBoyd on Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:03 am

Like Raph said, this isn't supposed to be a union in that sense.

Besides, I'm sure everyone will be tired of waiting by the time wizards is ready to start top 8 play.

AdamBoyd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiH on Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:08 am

Yup, no negative sign, please.

I know there are hard feelings, but this won't make it any better. Especially since, in all likelihood, you'd only be affecting those parts of the company that probably are not too happy with the recent changes anyway. For all I know, those directly involved in running the show are really decent people and furthermore not responsible for downsizing their own budget.

Having some sort of sign to show support to the Union (a t-shirt, a sticker, or badge) however would be great.

TobiH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  darkfoot on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:55 pm

I think a badge (or a button for those of you who speak American English) is a good idea. It's cheap to produce, easy to hand out and lets people show their support without being too in-your-face about it. I'm sure there's enough people willing to contribute a small amount to cover the costs of producing something like this.

darkfoot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  verbal on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:42 pm

The easiest way to do this - in terms of both cost and effort - is a coloured ribbon. Just pick a colour, make a little loop, and stick a saftey pin through it.

verbal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drizzs on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:29 am

A t-shirt would kind of making seem a little more like a team then a group of players voicing there opinion against Wizards of the Coast and there changes,

However a badge does seem like a good idea and im sure they would'nt be to costly, one magic player must know or work for some kinda badge maker company or something ahaha, i think its a fantastic idea and it would certainly get the unions name out there!

As for the ribbon, there arent many colors left, Pink blue red yellow are taken, green is taken i think purple is too not sure, i mean that leaves us with maroon, black and brown... its not a bad idea, if people know what the ribbon means, but the idea is to mainly get the idea of the union out there and i dont think a ribbon would accomplish that as much as a badge or sticker.

Thanks for reading

Adam Tessier

Drizzs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutthroat Smile on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:01 am

Ribbons or buttons would probably be the easiest way to go, I'm not sure how we could do to logistics of getting shirt made and distributed in time...

Cutthroat Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatter on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:31 pm

I think a small ribbon would actually be a fantastic idea. DI people get interviewed, and having something present during the interview--even if it's not explicitly alluded to--would go a long way to raising awareness.

Chatter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GavinV on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:41 pm

Cutthroat Smile wrote:Ribbons or buttons would probably be the easiest way to go, I'm not sure how we could do to logistics of getting shirt made and distributed in time...

If somebody going to the pro tour can get them made, they can distribute them there.

You really have to look into it now for them to be done in time, however.

GavinV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raph on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:00 pm

Badges sound like a fine idea. We need a fine design. Anyone?

Raph
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Outside KL

Post  ReeceP on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:51 am

I'd suggest making the "sign" a ribbon. That way people can make one at home and wear it to FNM/PTQ's etc, that way we can all raise awareness when people ask you why you're wearing a ribbon.

ReeceP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrankKarsten on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:02 pm

I don't like any negative disturbing things, although a ribbon or badge or something like that could be okay. However, now that Raph has given us the news that WotC is organizing a public meeting / Q&A session with the players on friday evening after day 1 in KL, the best way to set a sign for Wizards is to show up en masse to that meeting. Some ribbons or badges merely look interesting, but in my opinion a huge number of players showing up to that meeting shows an even greater support.

FrankKarsten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Nightmare on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Why bother designing a badge, when there's one that seems hand-picked for this cause?

Everyone should just pin or tape one of these to their shirt.

Adam Nightmare

View user profile http://www.mtgthesource.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:36 am

Na, that aint gonna solve our problems as it shall only feed onto it like a riot ready to start smoke and fire.
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top