News Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

News Update

Post  Raph on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:21 am

I just had a phone conversation with Chris Galvin.

What is happening next:
-WotC will send out to every player qualified for KL an email announcing a public meeting on friday evening after day 1. They want to have a public Q&A session with the players.
-In the email will appear the link to mtgplayersunion.com (or first to something on wizards.com that would link it here). It will say that if players are interested in discussing the issues, they are welcome do so in our forum. I would have liked to send the email and announce that meeting myself, but the privacy terms do not allow them to hand players emails to me. So I guess that it's a good compromise.
-Now the interesting part: We will have the private meeting on thursday after players registration.

They do not exactly know what the public meeting will be about. I suppose that it can be a good opportunity to introduce ourselves to the public if they don't all know us already and to expose what the previous meeting on thursday was about.

That 's it for now!
Raph

Raph
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: News Update

Post  GavinV on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:25 am

Thanks for the update Raph. I looks like this is really making progress.

I'll be excited to hear what comes out of these meetings and it's good to know that the Wizards is listening!

GavinV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  verbal on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:21 am

That's a pretty kick-ass initial outcome. It shows wizards are at least willing to come to the party, and understand this is not just some bunch of whinging people who will shut up and go away if ignored.

Make sure everyone in KL attends - there is nothing that will shut this movement down faster than the public forum having only 15 people show up to it.

verbal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrankKarsten on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:08 pm

That's great news! At the same time, I am pleasantly surprised that in a few days time already so many people have registered to this form: 364 at the time of writing. Wizards being willing to listen and support from people on this forum make me belief that a lot of positive things can come from this players union.

FrankKarsten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

meeting...

Post  Joey on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:22 pm

Im sort of wondering why the initial reaction seems to be one of surprise that wizards would be "willing to come to the party". a lot of the people working at Wotc were professional magic players at one point or another, and the ones that were have as much invested in "the pro tour lifestyle" as any Lv6 (if not more), so i dont think its surprising at all that wizards is willing to talk. in fact, im pretty sure that if wizards were able to (financially, commercially, etc...) they would be willing to do a lot of things to support the pro tour, and magic in general. its just that sometimes things arent always possible, especially since the parent company Hasbro's (which if im not wrong is owned by yet another company in turn....) main goal is to make money, which to them may or may not mean supporting the Pro Tour. Now if HASBRO would be willing to talk, then id be surprised.

Joey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:46 am

I'll be watching and if any of you could do filming at the event and post it on Youtube or other video sites we know of that would be awesome to see what actually happened at the event.
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maarten on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:59 am

Joey wrote:...since the parent company Hasbro's (which if im not wrong is owned by yet another company in turn....) main goal is to make money, which to them may or may not mean supporting the Pro Tour. Now if HASBRO would be willing to talk, then id be surprised.

Hasbro is the Parent, it has bought dozens of other gaming related compagnies in the past decades, like Parker (Monopoly), WizardsotC, Milton Bradley (MB, loads of board and other games) They also have a dominant share of kid toys like GI JOE, star Wars toys, Transformers etc

maarten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:06 am

maarten wrote:
Joey wrote:...since the parent company Hasbro's (which if im not wrong is owned by yet another company in turn....) main goal is to make money, which to them may or may not mean supporting the Pro Tour. Now if HASBRO would be willing to talk, then id be surprised.

Hasbro is the Parent, it has bought dozens of other gaming related compagnies in the past decades, like Parker (Monopoly), WizardsotC, Milton Bradley (MB, loads of board and other games) They also have a dominant share of kid toys like GI JOE, star Wars toys, Transformers etc

I think of them like EA and other companies when they wanted to expand territory. (note: EA did seize Westwood the company that made C&C).

They do have all of those companies as well as other companies like Fisher Price and Playskool, but I have also noticed that they also have some weird partnership with Takara Tommy the current Japanese distributor of MTG as well as other brands. Because I bought some Pokemon figures some time back under a US Distributor and found that fact when I went to go search for clues of where the figure came from? In addition to all of the other companies that they could be partnered or have under that distributor's name.

I wonder how far Hasbro will go in outsourcing with all of the other companies that are already doing it?
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top