update of sorts in BDM's column today on Pro Tour Communication

View previous topic View next topic Go down

update of sorts in BDM's column today on Pro Tour Communication

Post  MagicRage on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:40 am

sidebar on Brian David-Marshal's Feb 1st column wrote:So the past two weeks have been a little rough. I have had to bite my virtual tongue while getting lambasted in the forums for being the bearer of bad news regarding changes to the Pro Tour. Fortunately for me and my ego, it looks like this column will no longer be the first place where that kind of information gets disseminated to the player base. Better yet, I will not have to be subject to the editorial constraints that come with delivering those messages.

Earlier this week, Wizards of the Coast sent an email to all players who received a Pro Point in 2007 and everyone who has an invitation to Kuala Lumpurómore than 1,700 players in all. Along with forging new direct communication lines, the email announced a players' Q&A session with Organized Play honchos Chris Galvin and Scott Larabee to be held at Kuala Lumpur at the end of Friday's rounds.

If you won't be in KL or can't attend the session, the email encouraged you to ask any questions you may have regarding the Pro Players Club to Scott Larabee (scott.larabee@wizards.com).

If you think you should have received that email and didn't, you should make sure your email address is up to date in the DCI database, and check your email program's spam filters.

MagicRage

Posts : 23
Join date : 2008-01-25
Age : 35
Location : Stuart, Florida, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: update of sorts in BDM's column today on Pro Tour Communication

Post  atomsmasher on Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:21 am

nice one! this illustrates my assumption that root of evil is not wotc, but hasbro. all people at wizards seem to be real passionate promotors of the game, more willing to cut their arms than hurting the game we all love. that seems to be a good omen for the discussion in kuala lumpur. wizards really seems to care about the players. lets hope that we all can come to a sollution that is acceptable for all parties!

atomsmasher

Posts : 20
Join date : 2008-01-28
Location : Berlin, Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: update of sorts in BDM's column today on Pro Tour Communication

Post  gleemax on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:43 am

atomsmasher wrote:nice one! this illustrates my assumption that root of evil is not wotc, but hasbro. all people at wizards seem to be real passionate promotors of the game, more willing to cut their arms than hurting the game we all love. that seems to be a good omen for the discussion in kuala lumpur. wizards really seems to care about the players. lets hope that we all can come to a sollution that is acceptable for all parties!

Your right, I'm pretty sure WotC are not the bad guys here, but I wonder if the "arms" they've decided to cut off is the pros instead of another area. Could be Hasbro mandated budget cuts and instead of cutting say the art budget they decided to cut the PT budget. I kinda feel like it was something like this or Hasbro maybe ear marked the PT's directly.

gleemax

Posts : 53
Join date : 2008-01-31
Location : U.S.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: update of sorts in BDM's column today on Pro Tour Communication

Post  mercenarybdu on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:10 am

MagicRage wrote:
sidebar on Brian David-Marshal's Feb 1st column wrote:So the past two weeks have been a little rough. I have had to bite my virtual tongue while getting lambasted in the forums for being the bearer of bad news regarding changes to the Pro Tour. Fortunately for me and my ego, it looks like this column will no longer be the first place where that kind of information gets disseminated to the player base. Better yet, I will not have to be subject to the editorial constraints that come with delivering those messages.

Earlier this week, Wizards of the Coast sent an email to all players who received a Pro Point in 2007 and everyone who has an invitation to Kuala Lumpurómore than 1,700 players in all. Along with forging new direct communication lines, the email announced a players' Q&A session with Organized Play honchos Chris Galvin and Scott Larabee to be held at Kuala Lumpur at the end of Friday's rounds.

If you won't be in KL or can't attend the session, the email encouraged you to ask any questions you may have regarding the Pro Players Club to Scott Larabee (scott.larabee@wizards.com).

If you think you should have received that email and didn't, you should make sure your email address is up to date in the DCI database, and check your email program's spam filters.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! This is a laughable strategy on the concluding part of the message. I sent an email to public relations dozens of times and I barely gained the answers I needed. Only less than ten answers came back out of 120.

....in the DCI database....

With that in place, you aren't going to run very far from getting a clear answer.

mercenarybdu

Posts : 120
Join date : 2008-01-31
Age : 28
Location : SF, CA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: update of sorts in BDM's column today on Pro Tour Communication

Post  TheInfamousBearAssassin on Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:48 pm

Maybe you got few answers because;

1) You sent over a hundred fucking e-mails. Seriously.

2) You're a fucking troll.


Perhaps courtesy and politesse would get you better results.

TheInfamousBearAssassin

Posts : 2
Join date : 2008-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ahhhh People

Post  janos_wuryon on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:41 pm

I think that the need to communicate with players is important but given the usual lines of communications having been used involve one website and a few people ( BDM for example). It will take time to create proper support to deal with improving communications.

A final note in the future maybe 120 emails is a little crazy...

janos_wuryon

Posts : 14
Join date : 2008-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: update of sorts in BDM's column today on Pro Tour Communication

Post  mercenarybdu on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:53 am

janos_wuryon wrote:I think that the need to communicate with players is important but given the usual lines of communications having been used involve one website and a few people ( BDM for example). It will take time to create proper support to deal with improving communications.

A final note in the future maybe 120 emails is a little crazy...

Well when nobody replies back I wonder if the person was shot in the head on the other end of the line. Because I run a military system of communication, no reply means a dozen things:

1. the person is dead
2. the line has been severed
3. they betrayed you (military and relations only)
4. they are ignoring you (civilian only)
5. one and two only
6. all of the above

mercenarybdu

Posts : 120
Join date : 2008-01-31
Age : 28
Location : SF, CA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: update of sorts in BDM's column today on Pro Tour Communication

Post  iceage4life on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:48 pm

mercenarybdu wrote:
janos_wuryon wrote:I think that the need to communicate with players is important but given the usual lines of communications having been used involve one website and a few people ( BDM for example). It will take time to create proper support to deal with improving communications.

A final note in the future maybe 120 emails is a little crazy...

Well when nobody replies back I wonder if the person was shot in the head on the other end of the line. Because I run a military system of communication, no reply means a dozen things:

1. the person is dead
2. the line has been severed
3. they betrayed you (military and relations only)
4. they are ignoring you (civilian only)
5. one and two only
6. all of the above

Well considering that you were contacting someone outside the military I see only one option of the ones you listed as possible, #4. Do you think that the next 119 emails would solve this problem?

Stop emailing Wizards and shut up.

iceage4life

Posts : 11
Join date : 2008-02-04
Location : Rockville, MD USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: update of sorts in BDM's column today on Pro Tour Communication

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum