Exotic Places

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exotic Places

Post  mercenarybdu on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:04 pm

Do you think that WotC should start bringing the PT and more GPs to South America with a possibility to expand into the Middle East as well as other regions of the globe that are yet to witness such events?

So far we already have on record that the DCI has expanded into Iraq recently prior to rebuilding efforts by US Coalition Forces. Then there are still a lot of places on the Globe that are yet to witness such events. For the record, there have been no Middle Eastern Events period and there have been no South or Central American PTs (GPs are already on record).
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exotic Places

Post  gleemax on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:20 pm

i think they should have a mobile GP every two years aimed at the army/navy and have it where ever the big (yet safe) mobilization is at the moment. Also seems like there is alot of brazilain players so i guess SA would be an option.

gleemax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:11 am

gleemax wrote:i think they should have a mobile GP every two years aimed at the army/navy and have it where ever the big (yet safe) mobilization is at the moment. Also seems like there is alot of brazilain players so i guess SA would be an option.

Great idea for our armed forces as hold an event for them would show out appreciation for all their time on the front keeping the North Koreans from seizing their Southern Counterpart, Bringing Stability to Iraq, and so forth.
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iceage4life on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:12 pm

PT Baghdad, sounds GREAT.

gleemax wrote:i think they should have a mobile GP every two years aimed at the army/navy and have it where ever the big (yet safe) mobilization is at the moment. Also seems like there is alot of brazilain players so i guess SA would be an option.

The Brazilian players have made big strides recently (along with some apperances from other SA players.) However I'm not sure on having a PT there. Without checking the prices I can tell you that for non-SA players getting there will be stupidly expensive. The flip side is getting anywhere for the SA players is expensive but honestly despite a few great players they make up a very small fraction of those playing in PTs. Not sure about SA GPs though.

As far as an US Military GP where are you proposing? Germany gets GPs anyways. Japan makes much more sense than South Korea and I assume you could get leave and a fairly cheap flight to get there. I'm sure I'm missing a few but I think those prove my point. Most large, short(ish) military deployments are not safe, that is why the military is there.

iceage4life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:19 pm

Maybe the cost of traveling is a litle bit more expensive, but the cost of the organization (location) would be extremally cheaper

Pedro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:39 am

iceage4life wrote:PT Baghdad, sounds GREAT.

The Brazilian players have made big strides recently (along with some apperances from other SA players.) However I'm not sure on having a PT there. Without checking the prices I can tell you that for non-SA players getting there will be stupidly expensive. The flip side is getting anywhere for the SA players is expensive but honestly despite a few great players they make up a very small fraction of those playing in PTs. Not sure about SA GPs though.

As far as an US Military GP where are you proposing? Germany gets GPs anyways. Japan makes much more sense than South Korea and I assume you could get leave and a fairly cheap flight to get there. I'm sure I'm missing a few but I think those prove my point. Most large, short(ish) military deployments are not safe, that is why the military is there.

If the Southern and Central American Player could spend big bucks to travel half way around the world to go attend an event for Pro Points doesn't it make sense to show that the community cares about them too like any other part of the world that has had GPs and PTs?

PV and his gang has traveled all the way to the US several times just to attend a few GPs, so wouldn't it make sense to go over to his region and play on his turf for once with his band of locals?

Think about it.
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top