brand endorsement

View previous topic View next topic Go down

brand endorsement

Post  dukksoup on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am

just wanted to say that i am an active PTQ'r and support everything you guy's are doing.

this is an idea that i have been thinking about for quite sometime and wondered if it could be a possibility .
do you think that maybe brand endorsement or some kind of endorsement would bring this whole thing back up to snuff ? or do you think of it as some kind of cop-out ?
it could even,probably, get MTG back on ESPN ,but ,brought to you by our good friends at KFC.

thanks for your time.

dukksoup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: brand endorsement

Post  mercenarybdu on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:49 am

But then you have to ask yourself "which one will air the goods live?" I know everyone likes Live coverage over some recording.

Because with a recording you the outcome has already been determined for the masses to examine for later usage. Live Coverage is so unpredictable that it makes watching so exciting to see who would end up on the top of the elimination rounds.
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iceage4life on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:03 pm

We were talking about this at my local store this weekend.

I think it makes tons of sense to try and get sponsers. Bawls or other energy drinks marketed at video gamers seems like a clear option. Candy makers would also work well. Getting a computer company to sponsor the PT could cut back on their tech budget for it.

I guess one thing we can compare it to is the new ads on MTG.com. I'm not a fan but I'm not turned off by them. And I think the PT would have even less of a problem. On large banners and signs have the sponsor logos. They can set up a booth at the event. For the t8/video coverage just have sponsor logos at the edge of the table mats.

I think that this is a good idea regardless of how much money would be involved. If this trims 1% of the PT expenses that can fund a couple PTQs or higher GP payouts, etc.

One issue brought up at my store was the international nature of the PT. It would be hard to find sponsors wanting to go world-wide. You might be able to get Pepsi or someone on board, if not just try and line up European sponsors for European PTs etc.

iceage4life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top