Where to next?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where to next?

Post  mercenarybdu on Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:04 am

We see that a dozen programs have been cut from the MSS/JSS to programs that were popular to the low profile player, where will they go next?

The programs that have been cut as of 2008....

MSS/JSS
States
Champs

There were some previous programs cut or replaced before this present time but keep in mind that I don't know all of them other than the fact that the following were either cut or replaced by other programs.....

Arena League (2006)
JPT (1999)

If anyone else knows of what other programs were cut before this time please post as well as to my question.
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to next?

Post  Luke on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:02 pm

I wouldn't get too upset about Arena league.

Because Gateway followed it up.
Luke

View user profile http://www.eastbourne-elemental.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:15 am

Luke wrote:I wouldn't get too upset about Arena league.

Arena might have been replaced by Gateway but the problem is that it only applies for Europe over the rest of the World as does States only apply for the USA.

But I do hope that they do bring a program that would add Legacy to the radar as they already do with PTQ formats and FNM formats.
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke on Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:24 pm

mercenarybdu wrote:

Arena might have been replaced by Gateway but the problem is that it only applies for Europe over the rest of the World as does States only apply for the USA.

But I do hope that they do bring a program that would add Legacy to the radar as they already do with PTQ formats and FNM formats.

Nope, UK have lost Champs which is basically states over here too.

Legacy got a Nationals in the UK which was relatively well attended.
Luke

View user profile http://www.eastbourne-elemental.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:51 am

Luke wrote:
mercenarybdu wrote:

Nope, UK have lost Champs which is basically states over here too.

Legacy got a Nationals in the UK which was relatively well attended.

What?! when was this?!
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  atomsmasher on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:00 pm

the same with germany. there was a legacy german championship at the same time and place as the regular nation championship. it was open to all players (i guess german players, but not invitation only like the regular nationals) and attracted about 150 players (about the same size as the regular)

atomsmasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu on Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:13 am

atomsmasher wrote:the same with germany. there was a legacy german championship at the same time and place as the regular nation championship. it was open to all players (i guess german players, but not invitation only like the regular nationals) and attracted about 150 players (about the same size as the regular)

I have seen these from time to time from reports but the only thing people only see from the reports gained back were just the plans that the top 8 used as does with every other county including Gen Con. Where's the beef with the hash? How was the match played out? We know that there wasn't any video coverage.

These are the questions outside people are missing when it comes time to examine how the games from those format were played out over just the plans that were used. I could see the size, the top 4, top 32 or 64 decks with player names, but where is everything else?

If FNM formats and PTQ formats have enough video coverage and large scale events to back them out, where is the fair treatment when it comes to the Eternal Formats? 150 tells the community who play on the larger scale that the company isn't promoting them enough (FNM and PTQ formats gain over 300 or more players on average).

Even the Ferret asked these questions with his video blogs (they are on Youtube if you are wondering where they are located).
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum