Selecting Union's representatives.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Selecting Union's representatives.

Post  Drizzs on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Hey guys,

Im Adam Tessier, im Somewhat competitive in Canada, and myself as a PTQ player (who does not do very well) i mostly play PTQ's, pre-releases, Champs and Regionals. One of my long term goals is to win a PT (thats not happening anytime soon) but i would like to play in 1, the only issue i have is that playing in PTQ's is not free so it costs me money and the prize payouts we have here blow massive chunks mostly due to a very cheap TO who tries to keep as much profit as possible, i got the new morningtide playmats for 20CDN each at his local store and he was selling them for 30CDN at the pre-release, and the prize payout is really bad! So for me to go to these events, its not worth it very much.

One issue i would like to bring up is that i feel that the DCI or WotC should probably keep some kind of eye on Tournament Organizers who "cheat" players out of good prizes and whatnot and in the end it would be more profitable for wizards i mean if the prizes are good more people will come and i dont think they realize that. Getting rid of MSS is a big hit to players who are under the age of 18 because players who had this chance to get a scholarship from Magic and who at one point could have been encouraged by family members to play are losing that chance to win, and for Future Pro Players a great way to start competitive play.

Alot of the new changes are affecting the players who worked hard to get Level 3 Pro Status to get that extra bit of money so that they could go to PT's and some people travelled half way across the world to get those few pro points they needed only to end up being told, sorry guys no money this time, Get more points!

I know it probably seems like im babling on and on about the same issues that are brought up over and over, but i just want to let Raph and Frank know that i stand behind them at KL and everyone they pick will surely do there best to help magic players receive there due! Now im not gonna nominate myself for anything but i have been playing since Urza's Saga and i've seen alot of changes in the magic world, and if you guys need another guy you can count on me! I will be attending GP's in Philadelphia and Vancouver, i will also attend PT Hollywood however i did not get an invite to KL so its kinda far for me to get my butt out there lol! So if you guys need a guy Let me know im up for it!

Thanks for listening

Adam Tessier

Drizzs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi

Post  KenjiT on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:42 am

This is Kenji Tsumura.
I want to join that,but my English is not good enough...and some Japanese pro too.
It's big problem Sad If I can join disucussion at KL, I need traslater(like Keita Mori or someone)

KenjiT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MSS

Post  benbw1 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Drizzs wrote:
Getting rid of MSS is a big hit to players who are under the age of 18 because players who had this chance to get a scholarship from Magic and who at one point could have been encouraged by family members to play are losing that chance to win, and for Future Pro Players a great way to start competitive play.
I definitely think that getting rid of MSS was a big mistake also. For a lot of people I know, it was the bridge from FNM's and Prereleases to larger competitive events like Regionals and Champs. MSS was the first really competitive tournament I played in, and I continued with playing more competitive events. Also, it's nice to know that you are working to help pay for college, as I earned a $500 scholarship the first time, and had the chance to win larger scholarships at MSS nats, which was a blast for me, and a big part of why I'm still playing Magic.
-Ben W.

benbw1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LSV for USA

Post  antonino_derosa on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:37 pm

I think LSV should represent the americans, He lost alot with the changes, he is new to the PT, and he has infi grass roots to the local ptq scene.

Ant

antonino_derosa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What can I do?

Post  Khelban on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:08 am

Hello guys, my name is Stephen Maldonado and I think this is a great idea and a real awakening to the Magic community in Japan, Europe, and America. I have been battling in PTQ's for a long time on and off but sadly no real credits to my name although I am always trying to improve. I have been playing Magic since Beta and have seen a whole spectrum of changes that WOTC has made throughout the years, in my area there are not a whole lot of players more knowledgeable than I am in the history and nostalgia of Magic: The Gathering. I do have influence in the Magic community and even had my own MTG site at one time. I was also amongst the first DCI members enrolled back when they had Legend Members and I also remember playing with Moxes without sleeves! I went to the first Pro Tour at the Puck Building in NY when it was open enrollment and did very well at that tour. I am 29 years old and an engineer for a gaming laboratory, so I do have plenty of resources. Please let me know what I can do. Very Happy

Khelban

View user profile

Back to top Go down

representation

Post  sin_plague on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:56 am

I think Raph and everyone has a great idea with the unionization of players in this game that we all play and love...

but we are going to run into some problems with the implementation of certain objectives...

Representation: In order for this to be truly successful, the representation has to be comprised of a UN type of panel... I wholeheartedly agree with Raph (whom I've actually met and drafted with) and Frank Karsten (easily one of the most widely-read authors on magic strategy before he left to continue other pursuits)

so with these two people, we have two countries present.. and the pro element... which is great from a credibility standpoint... and that's where we start to run into a problem

anyone else that is not a pro, and isn't a part of magic creation (Buehler, BDM, MaRo, Erwin, and Spaniel-- love them or hate them, these are the voices of the game today) will have no clout... they will be completely unknown, no matter what their individual credentials are...

and therein lies our fundamental problem... we need these voices that are supposed to encircle the totality of 'magic player' to not only be known, but be relatable, and have the experience in their respective fields to represent all of us...

which brings us to a number that we all need to talk about... how many exactly do we need to represent our entire community as a whole? and will those individuals who are selected to represent the different factions and facets have an equal and loud enough voice within the conglomerate?

Plan of Attack: There is wisdom in both arguments... the few, known individuals who carry the most impact in their presence because their names are known... but there is always strength in numbers

for this argument we need to use some of the skillz we have developed in playing magic and other games... analyze everything

our opponent here is WoTC... their parent company is now Hasbro... knowing and understanding the objectives of both companies, and where they are headed, should be key in our thinking when building our plan of attack... for all intents and purposes, they are the control deck

our opportunity to be the beatdown and overwhelm our opponent with a quick rush passed about 10 years ago...

which means that we have to attack them from another angle

having a few well-known representatives is fine and all... but really, in order to overwhelm the control player... we have to either be another control deck (which we don't have the resources to pull off), or a combo deck... an inevitable tide of player support for one focused goal that is entirely too much for any control deck to handle... whether we are talking politics, war theory, or tactics for a game, this is really our only sure-fire avenue of success....

we have to mobilize and unite everyone as a whole, and fling them to produce blunt force trauma to the side of WoTC's head in order to make Hasbro feel it and initiate some changes....

that is our only endgame option

sin_plague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivier Ruel on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:56 am

WOTC is not an opponent here. People we will discuss (the organized play managers basically) want the same thing as us, an healthy PT. If the PT was to come to an end, many of us would lose their job just as we would. The only thing you can really blame them for is the way they announce changes (if it can be called announcements) which is unrespectful and not very professional.

If there was one enemy here, I would guess it's Hasbro. Hasbro is a big company. Hasbro makes about DI money with Magic, and as every company that makes a lot of money, they want to make more and downsize. Hasbro downsized the PT, assuming it wouldn't affect the image of the game or at least not enough to decrease their profits. We need to make us understand they are wrong, and in this process, Wotc must be considered not an enemy, but an ally.

Olivier Ruel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gabriel_j1982 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi, my name's Alessio and I'm an Italian PTQ player. I've never did some important result on PTQ's but I'll play it costantly (obv when my work permits it).
One of the point I'd like to talk about is qualifications in my country. For a strange reason here in Italy we have PTQ's that seems GP, with 200/250 players and only ONE slot.

I agree with sin_plague. I'm no one to represent the MTG community, and the PRO, because of their name in the game must do it.
But I'm a webmaster and a webdesigner.
If Anyone wants I can do a site for this Union, obv free.

I think all MTG players can do something for this cause, and I'd like to help as I can.

Alessio

gabriel_j1982

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sin_plague on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:43 pm

WoTC is not the main enemy... but they are part of the problem as well... because, if nothing else, they allow Hasbro to treat us like this...

I guarantee if someone with some stature at WoTC was sitting in on the meeting where Hasbro told them that they were downsizing the PT season... and that person were to turn around and show them how downsizing would actually COST them money, 99 to 1 they would've listened

I know that most WoTC employees are either former players or so entrenched in the world of magic that they are on our side.... but somebody had to have dropped the ball, or we wouldn't be getting this kind of slap in the face.. we want them to be our allies in this to be sure... but somewhere along the way they screwed up as well... in the vacuum before this player's union was created, they were supposed to be our representation to Hasbro... and we can see how that has turned out...

a lesser number of PTs over the past few years.. the pro player's club has been in upheaval for the same amount of time... and now taking away the one thing to get new players interested in competing?!?!? talk about shooting yourself in the foot... they almost completely decimated future generations of magic players from ever even playing the game... it feels almost like they are content to let yugioh and pokemon take the kids, and when they transition from adolescence to adulthood, then Hasbro has an active interest in garnering their business... except, from a business standpoint, that position makes no sense... take a look at the tobacco industry... they know how to recruit youngbloods... and taking all of the fun/aspect of money from their product isn't one of those ways

so yes Olivier... it would be great if we could have WoTC on our side all the way in this... but at their most basic level, Hasbro still signs their paychecks.. they don't have to play the game in order to make a living, they just have to produce it... for people on the gravy train, or trying to be, and newcomers... those are the ones who are getting blindsided by this...

frankly, the communication problem should be non-freaking existent... bueler has gleemax on tap.. WoTC is trying to make it this whole big ginormous community for everyone... I'm sure he sits in on most, if not all, of the important meetings regarding magic and everything pertaining to it, including the cutting of schedules or implementation of new policy.. unless he is being gagged, he should have no problem with turning around and disseminating the important info that impacts all of us straight from the horse's mouth... or delegating that authority to someone else... the only thing I can think of is that he is, in fact, under just such a restraint... which shows poor judgement on WoTC's part for not letting us know something vital to a large portion of the magic playing population... its actually just really insulting, when it comes down to it..

back to the original topic of this thread, I wholeheartedly agree with ant on LSV for American rep... I've played, judged, and spoken with him on several occasions... not only is he a great player, but he really does have 'infi' ties to the local scene here in norcal

sin_plague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi

Post  Dr Siuss on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:00 am

What does Richard Garfield have to say about this? I'm sure this is not his image of what the Pro Tour should be. I'm not sure if he has anymore clout with Wotc, but getting his voice on the matter would surely be beneficial to the message that everyone is trying to convey. Maybe someone should try to contact him to inform him of this union.

Dr Siuss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sin_plague on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:15 am

he doesn't really have anymore ties to the political structure of WoTC...

but if anyone could talk to him about it, it should probably be Jon Loucks from tcgplayer.com.... he's seen him and spoken with him on the campus that he teaches game design and theory on up in washington... skaff elias is also there...

its certainly something to think about, and talk about

sin_plague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I would like to help in any way I can

Post  thepchapin on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:44 pm

Hello, this is Patrick Chapin. I would like to offer my services to the cause. I believe that I would be a useful representative as I have been a Pro Tour regular since year 1, have connections to Pros across the globe as well as very deep within Wizards themselves. I am also a good communicator and have some experience with collective bargaining. Please let me know whatever I can do to help. The only snare holding me back in the area is that I will not be in KL. Still, I will be at every major tournament starting with Hollywood, including PT Berlin and most international GPs. Aside from my experience, I think my personal relationships with 20+ Wizards employees could be invaluable.

thepchapin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiH on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:37 am

thepchapin wrote:Hello, this is Patrick Chapin. I would like to offer my services to the cause. [...] Aside from my experience, I think my personal relationships with 20+ Wizards employees could be invaluable.
Welcome to the team! We've been looking for an American pro to represent the Union in future meetings with WotC > perfect candidate, I'd say. Too bad you can't be in KL, but still absolutely awesome!

TobiH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasont2488 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:49 am

I think that the structure shouldn't be focused on less is best, but full representation. I suggest the following:

1 Pro Magic Player from America (LSV)
1 Pro Magic Player from Europe (Raph or Franky K)
1 Pro Magic Player from Japan (Kenji, as I'm sure a translator could be present no problem)
2 Other players (Pat Chapin, who has R&D connections and Evan Erwin, who fills a lovely casual//ptq level)
1 Other PTQ player, possibly one who has Q'ed for KL, and who wants to show up.
1 Eternal Magic Player, as there have been cries from them to improve their representation on the PT level (from what I heard)

Thats seven members, with quite a bit of representation. I understand why people want PTQ players, but I assure you, this is first and foremost, a Professional concern, because without the Stars, we wouldn't have players like Guillame Wafo-Tapa, Remi Fortier, Watanabe, etc. showing up. They meet the pro's, and then qualify that way. The Pro's leaving the game would take the top level of play out of the game.

Also, Pat Chapin said he wouldn't be able to attend. Thats ok. At KL, the chances of fixing the rest of the season are pretty slim. These events take lots of time to plan out and coordinate, but meetings should go on throughout the season to prevent further changes.

I hope I make some sense, and I would be more than willing to answer in depth questions regarding my reasons for why I think it should be structured that way. It really honestly seems to be a very even breakdown, one Pro from each major PT//GP Region, and from each of the major/semi-major categories.

jasont2488

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kade on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:13 pm

Not sure if it has been already covered but I think we should differenciate between Union's representatives and who will attend KL meeting with WotC. I'd really like seeing this Union in the future serving a lot more purposes than just this meeting with WotC.

Obviously, those on the KL meeting should be included in the list of Union's representatives BUT we should not select our representatives based only on who will attend KL. Also, the representatives should be a longer list than that of the attendees to the KL meeting. And, if all is well discussed before hand, is not necesary that every geographical zone and player status is representend on the meeting (in the Union's general representatives probably it is). Not sure if you know what I mean (my english is far from perfect, I am from Spain by the way). As I understand it, those in the meeting will represent the interests of all magic players. If we don't trust that they , pros or ptqers, will represent as properly, this whole Union thing is pointless.

So, I would chose the KL meeting attendees based on their commitment, expertise and communication skills. Not on geographical and community reasons.

kade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RyanT on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:56 pm

Alright...I need to a voice a concern. I'm all for a union, but there is a serious problem built in with establishing a player's union. The predominant player base are non-pro. As such, these recent changes do anything but hurt the regular PTQer. He still gets his free ticket to the events, he gets BETTER (and more?) GP's to play in, as well as an easier opportunity to make the Pro Tour due to the 15 point barrier as well as the increased amount of GPs and pro points being awarded at Nationals. Consequently, as a member of this union, whose needs are really being represented? The outcry, from what I gather, is from the pro community. I totally understand. This hurts you guys monetarily, and I realize that you need to act. However, I think this union is going to neglect the needs of a significant number of players, a majority I would imagine. Because, no matter how you slice it, as a competitive yet non-pro player, more GPs, less PTs is the best thing one could ask for. I've been playing competitive magic for 3 years and I've been on the tour once. I'd love to be on the gravy train, but even with the system in place before the current changes, I know it was a slim goal. GP's on the other hand, offer a player a chance to shine in ONE tournament, win a few hundred dollars, etc... GP's, for obvious reasons, attract more players than the Pro Tour. I'm not saying that the Pro Tour is irrelevant, etc., but for the majority of the players, this change should be welcome. I'm not sure what I expect in response to this post. I am more or less concerned on how this Union expects to cater to the PTQ/GP player AND the PT player, when it would seem the interests are in complete opposition of each other. Perhaps I'm missing something? If someone's got a good answer to this, believe me, I'm on board...

-Ryan Trepanier

RyanT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  verbal on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:17 pm

RyanT wrote:Alright...I need to a voice a concern. I'm all for a union, but there is a serious problem built in with establishing a player's union. The predominant player base are non-pro. As such, these recent changes do anything but hurt the regular PTQer. He still gets his free ticket to the events, he gets BETTER (and more?) GP's to play in, as well as an easier opportunity to make the Pro Tour due to the 15 point barrier as well as the increased amount of GPs and pro points being awarded at Nationals. Consequently, as a member of this union, whose needs are really being represented? The outcry, from what I gather, is from the pro community. I totally understand. This hurts you guys monetarily, and I realize that you need to act. However, I think this union is going to neglect the needs of a significant number of players, a majority I would imagine. Because, no matter how you slice it, as a competitive yet non-pro player, more GPs, less PTs is the best thing one could ask for. I've been playing competitive magic for 3 years and I've been on the tour once. I'd love to be on the gravy train, but even with the system in place before the current changes, I know it was a slim goal. GP's on the other hand, offer a player a chance to shine in ONE tournament, win a few hundred dollars, etc... GP's, for obvious reasons, attract more players than the Pro Tour. I'm not saying that the Pro Tour is irrelevant, etc., but for the majority of the players, this change should be welcome. I'm not sure what I expect in response to this post. I am more or less concerned on how this Union expects to cater to the PTQ/GP player AND the PT player, when it would seem the interests are in complete opposition of each other. Perhaps I'm missing something? If someone's got a good answer to this, believe me, I'm on board...

-Ryan Trepanier

Getting to 15 pro-points isn't exactly easy. It requires winning nats and/or a GP AND doing well at either a GP or a couple of PTs.

In addition, less PTs mean less opportunities to win plane tickets - I don't understand how people think WoTC will be handing out as many as before, or having more QTs pet PT. Surely the whole point of cutting a PT is to reduce the number of plane tickets they need to give out?

Finally, the extra GPs don't exactly help all players. I know Australia has a much smaller player base, but for people in this kind of country, one less PT for extra American GPs hardly seems like a bargain.

verbal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Q & A session in KL

Post  darkfoot on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:20 am

I'm sure a number of you received an email from Scott Larabee advertising an open Q&A session on the Friday night at KL. How does this affect what is trying to be achieved here? I plan on going along to this at least to listen to what they have to say. It was suggested (elsewhere) that it might be worth trying to record this session somehow. Does anyone going to KL happen to have a mini digital video camera that they feel like bringing along?

darkfoot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:51 am

LSV wrote:Hi,
This is Luis S-V and I too would like to do what I can to assist in this process. As someone who (along with Cheon) spent a fair bit of time last year and was planning on spending alot of time this year going to events and trying to level, I think this organization is a fantastic idea. I'd like to think im pretty active on my local scene also, even doing some judging now and then, I think I have a pretty good read on what PTQ players want. It hasnt been very long since I was battling in PTQs either. My roommates from last year continue to PTQ, so I'm somewhat involved in helping them with that. Either way, I should be attending most (if not all) of the big events this year and I would like to get involved in this. See everyone in KL I suppose, and I shouldnt be too hard to get ahold of before then if needed.

Can I be one of your wing men?
mercenarybdu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  coals82 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi, first of all sorry about my english.
I'm an italian player. Kuala Lumpur is my 6th PT. I think that the union representants have to be selected one from each country where magic is mostly played. 2 representants for US, 1 for France, 1 for Japan, 1 for Italy ( 2nd in active players, 2nd in sells!), 1 for germany. Only in this way we can represent the magic world. Each country feels different problems about the organized play. I don't think that Hasbro would change their mind beacose 20 players are worried about their lifestyle's change! Without involving all players conditions we can't build an union.
The six representants have to argue before the meeting with hasbro. Finding 3-4 shared suggestions is the only way to make a change.

coals82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  darkfoot on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:52 pm

The problem with that is that areas which have big player bases, but not necessarily in one country lack adequate representation (I'm thinking specifically of South America here, but places like Australia, Israel, Malaysia, Russia, and many others are in similar situations). These places together constitute a significant proportion of players, and deserve representation. The interests of these players may differ significantly from those of European and North American players.

darkfoot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:17 pm

Thats why Paulo should be in!

Pedro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RyanT on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:55 pm

verbal wrote:
RyanT wrote:Alright...I need to a voice a concern. I'm all for a union, but there is a serious problem built in with establishing a player's union. The predominant player base are non-pro. As such, these recent changes do anything but hurt the regular PTQer. He still gets his free ticket to the events, he gets BETTER (and more?) GP's to play in, as well as an easier opportunity to make the Pro Tour due to the 15 point barrier as well as the increased amount of GPs and pro points being awarded at Nationals. Consequently, as a member of this union, whose needs are really being represented? The outcry, from what I gather, is from the pro community. I totally understand. This hurts you guys monetarily, and I realize that you need to act. However, I think this union is going to neglect the needs of a significant number of players, a majority I would imagine. Because, no matter how you slice it, as a competitive yet non-pro player, more GPs, less PTs is the best thing one could ask for. I've been playing competitive magic for 3 years and I've been on the tour once. I'd love to be on the gravy train, but even with the system in place before the current changes, I know it was a slim goal. GP's on the other hand, offer a player a chance to shine in ONE tournament, win a few hundred dollars, etc... GP's, for obvious reasons, attract more players than the Pro Tour. I'm not saying that the Pro Tour is irrelevant, etc., but for the majority of the players, this change should be welcome. I'm not sure what I expect in response to this post. I am more or less concerned on how this Union expects to cater to the PTQ/GP player AND the PT player, when it would seem the interests are in complete opposition of each other. Perhaps I'm missing something? If someone's got a good answer to this, believe me, I'm on board...

-Ryan Trepanier

Getting to 15 pro-points isn't exactly easy. It requires winning nats and/or a GP AND doing well at either a GP or a couple of PTs.

In addition, less PTs mean less opportunities to win plane tickets - I don't understand how people think WoTC will be handing out as many as before, or having more QTs pet PT. Surely the whole point of cutting a PT is to reduce the number of plane tickets they need to give out?

Finally, the extra GPs don't exactly help all players. I know Australia has a much smaller player base, but for people in this kind of country, one less PT for extra American GPs hardly seems like a bargain.
But that's my point. It seems (correct me if I'm wrong), that this union is representing the minority of magic players - that is, pro players who have a legitimate shot of making the train. It's a great idea, but a universal union full of players from 6 continents and various levels of competitiveness seems impossible.

RyanT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  t$yat$ya on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:00 am

RyanT wrote: But that's my point. It seems (correct me if I'm wrong), that this union is representing the minority of magic players - that is, pro players who have a legitimate shot of making the train. It's a great idea, but a universal union full of players from 6 continents and various levels of competitiveness seems impossible.

i think, that this union should rep people who are in for the PT thing - call it Proplayers or w/e:
1. Number of PTs;
2. Pay outs;
3. Number of people playing ... etc.

If you are satisfied with everything that has been changed, you should not represent anything thats connected with that "ProPlayers lifestyle thing".
It's the two choices here: either to stay with those changes and be happy about how many GPs are out there and stuff, or to protest and comply that those changes are changes for worse!
And if your standing for the first choice u just either not understanding or closing ur eyes to the fact that there are so many people on the GPs that it's verry unlikely to win it (making them verry random - i mean cmon - 1000+).

And it really donn matter, where are the people from (I mean the 6-7 representatives) as long as they are deffending their/our point. It donn matter, wheather they are all from France (cause ther are lots of good players out there), Japan or 1 of each from diffrent countries. So i donn think that it should be an issue.

t$yat$ya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reindeercards on Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:38 am

Questions that need to be addressed:

Can the selected group work well together, agree on what the important issues are, agree on the approach to take when presenting the issues?

Do any of these people have experience in compiling and presenting proposals?

Can they behave well in a meeting, look professionally calm and in control, not lose their tempers if the first meeting goes to hell?

-----

Random opinions:

1) Different people have different gifts. One person might be good at brainstorming, another at presentations, another at refining someone else's idea so its workable, etc. Whatever group is put together to decide on issues and strategies is going to need to be large enough to not be inbred. Think of it like your playtesting group. You can get together several good players and still be mistaken about the metagame because you tune all the decks to beat the favorite decks of the playgroup.

I don't think the advantages of keeping the information secret from WotC before the meeting will be worth cutting the working group down to only four or five people.

2) And it might be a good idea to consider giving WotC a heads up on the general content and concerns to be addressed once those are figured out. If they have some clue as to what's going to be discussed, they might send someone to the meeting with the authority to make minor concessions or at least able to talk knowledgably on the subject. Otherwise you risk them showing up, listening politely, telling you that you are talking to someone who doesn't know much about those topics, and they'll get back to you at the next PT. I don't think anyone would consider that to be a satisfactory conclusion to the meeting.

3) Have a copy of your information to give the WotC representatives after the meeting. These people are going to be in the middle of working a PT. A couple of days later their memories of the meeting and exactly what was said will be a bit fuzzy. If they're having to relay the information up the food chain at WotC, you don't want any miscommunication whether intentional or unintentional.

I'll go ahead and volunteer to help with brainstorming and wording the proposal. But its not like anyone knows me to vouch for me not being a shill for WotC (unless someone randomly happens to remember my forum name from StarCity and my ranting about WotC there Smile ).

Reindeercards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top